Pages

Sunday 4 December 2016

TAKE THE GOOD WITH THE BAD

Lately I just haven't been bothered with my blog. It's odd isn't it? After 3 years of writing and telling my story, I just seem to have lost the interest to share.



But I've realised how dangerous that can be for me. I've realised how therapeutic and necessary blogging is to my mental health and I've also realised that every story has good and bad parts to it, and sharing the good is as important as sharing the bad. Have I confused you yet?

So here are the good and the bad from the last month.

  1. My stomach is a mess. It's formed angles where food is lodging before making a reverse journey. Apparently the scar tissue from all the procedures has caused this. Most likely back to theatre for me in the New Year. ( BAD)💔
  2. I've now lost 48kgs ( GOOD) and thanks to my useless as hell PTEN gene can now feel every lump on my body. The broken PTEN gene is what causes my Cowden's syndrome. Biggest problem area under my right ribs. Joy to the world...more theatre/ surgery looming. ( BAD)
  3. I've been blessed with some full time work for 3 weeks. My body is exhausted and unused to full time work, but I am pushing through because the money is much needed before Xmas. (GOOD) 
  4. I've taken up crochet, a craft I used to love in my teens. It was a bit hard at the beginning because of my tremor but I swear it's helping my fine motor skills. I actually threaded the sewing machine at school the other day. Unheard of!!! ( GOOD).
  5. My youngest daughter got into a prestigious musical theatre school. I am so proud of her hard work and resilience. So excited for what life holds for her. ( VERY VERY GOOD).
  6. I'm going back to Bali, my happy place. My husband says we deserve it so I'm not arguing. The place, the people, the food, the noise and the sunsets ground me. Again...so excited. ( VERY VERY GOOD).
  7. My children are coming home for Xmas. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️. We don't need to travel for Xmas. ( GOOD) 
  8. Every Xmas decoration I've ever owned or made by the children as they grew up has been accidentally binned. I've had to buy new baubles to dress the tree 🌲. It doesn't feel the same or look the same. It's like our stories have been stolen from us. ( BAD)
  9. I've had a mini spring clean ... at the start of summer! All has gone to charity. It feels wonderful to have the extra space, but again some of the stuff being donated feels like part of our story we have lost. It had to go though as we are bursting at the seams and I don't want to become a Today Tonight story!!! ( GOOD).
  10. My eldest daughter is looking the best I have seen her in years. She is happy and looks fit and healthy. More tests in the New Year but at the moment # Wearebeatingcowdens (GOOD).
So there you have it folks. The good 😊 is exceeding the bad this month. About time we had a good run!   

Till next time... xxx
ST

6 comments:

  1. We do need to catch up. I'm just sitting trying to put my thoughts together as well. Miss chatting with you - love your outlook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to win the lottery to come for your fundraiser. Talk soon xx

      Delete
  2. I think it's great that you are still focussed on the good and the very very good despite having to deal with the bad. Life is all about balance I guess, one would be worthless without the other. I'm glad good is out weighing the bad for you though, long may it last :) #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the good is exceeding the bad, that's most certainly a win. And good luck with the crocheting - I keep threatening to teach myself, one day I'll get there. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad there's more good than bad! Thanks for linking to #pocolo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...