Pages

Tuesday 24 March 2015

THE CONFUSION THAT IS BLOGGING

I have been having  a little break from my blog. Not because there is nothing to write about, but because I have been sick and everything has been too hard. I've actually been ill with normal people stuff - a gastro bug that even a week later is still making me feel a tad unwell.

Taking a break from writing gives you time to think and to reflect on certain issues, especially my blog. What do I see as the purpose of my blog? Where do I see it heading? Am I happy with the way it is at the moment?

I'll be honest. There have been times recently when I thought it was time to shut up shop. " Its run its course" I thought. But given time to think, I've realised quite a few things which I would like to share with you.

My life ( like anyone's) is full of diverse groups of people. Depending on the situation, the classification changes. Here is the classification for my blog. Can you work out which group you belong to?

  1. THE FAITHFUL - those who know what you're going through because they've really been through it themselves. These people sometimes write very little if anything on your blog, but may send emoticons or virtual hugs as signs of support and speak to you at all hours of the day and night.
  2.  THE CRITICS - these people tell me they used to read my blog but its too full of medical issues and it makes them sad and/or depressed. To these people I need to say " try living the life" and goodbye. I'm sorry I couldn't entertain you.
  3. THE MOCKERS - These are the people who roll their eyes when something new is wrong and make me feel I've made it up or I'm on some sort of attention seeking mission. I'm also adding in here, those who say " oh go write a blog about it" in a sarcastic tone, when things are not going their way in an argument.
  4.  THE PRIVACY MOB - those who constantly ask why I discuss my life on Facebook. I discuss it, because I have to for my sanity. YOU don't have to read it. You have choices and you can choose not to read my blog...but I will miss you.
  5. THE BLOGGERS - those who read my blog because they fell over it in the blogosphere. They read it in hope that I will reciprocate and read their blog and I do. I read as many blogs as I can when I feel well. This last week not so many, but this coming week will see me out there again. Many of these bloggers leave me inspirational comments which makes getting through a hard day often easier.

The purpose of my blog has always been therapeutic. I feel some calmness when I can see my words on paper.For this reason alone I can not see me stopping yet. An additional purpose is to advocate for those with Cowden's Syndrome. Latest findings are that the condition may be much more prevalent than recently thought. Much more common than 1 in 200 000. Who knows what my words may spark in your lives? 

Where do I see this heading - well for the time being I am happy documenting my journey and that of my daughter's. At this stage we are still waiting for her Cowden's diagnosis. Mine is confirmed - well and truly.

Last Friday I was back in day surgery to have some strange growths removed from my abdomen and breast. Pretty sure they will be benign but there is always that doubt, once you have had a cancer diagnosis. Remember the nurse in a previous post who insisted on showing me my own tumour? She was back. When the doctor injected local anaesthetic into my breast he said "this one won't hurt". She looked perplexed so I piped up and said " because they're fake". She still looked bewildered so the doctor said " the real ones were trying to kill her". Love my doctor's wit.

And just before I sign off, I want to say that I have found another CS patient who lives in my state. That makes the total in our Australian group 35 and finally company in western australia. I hope the next member is not from much closer to home but if it is, we will deal with that too.

Till next time ...xxx





    14 comments:

    1. [ Smiles ] There is nothing wrong with taking a break from your blog in order to recuperate.

      Do enjoy the rest of your week!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. How lovely of you to take time to read my blog. Feeling better so the rest of the week will be great.

        Delete
    2. Hope you don't feel yucky from that bug for much longer. Rest and get back to things when you feel you can x

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hope you feel better soon - it is never fun to be sick! I will pray for you and your family for good health.
      My blog is myrainydayreads15.blogspot.com - hope you check it out when you have a spare moment!
      Lishia

      ReplyDelete
    4. I'm sorry you suffer from this chronic illness. It sounds awful. I also have a chronic rare illness, and blog about it. My blog started as a therapy for myself, and I enjoy doing it. I hope and pray the growths you had removed were benign.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Thank you for being so honest... I hadn't heard of CS before reading your post, so thank you for teaching me something new. Best wishes for the future.
      Thanks for sharing and for linking up with the OMHG Linkup! Have a wonderful weekend ahead.
      xx Ashleigh @Simply wright
      Co-Host, Oh My Heartsie Girls WW

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thankyou for commenting. I am slowly getting the hang of things and getting my name out there more. You have a great weekend yourself and see you again. xxST

        Delete
    6. Thank you for being willing to share. I think most bloggers can understand your categories in one way or another. Blogging is like therapy for me - it feels so much better to "get it out" versus letting the thoughts swirl around in my head! Thank you for linking up with Waiting on...Wednesday @ While I'm Waiting. Hope you are feeling better soon!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Good news today - all tumours benign. Thats worth a celebration so I had a wine with dinner tonight. One less thing to worry about with this condition.

        Delete
    7. This is my first visit to you blog. I'm sorry to hear you are not well. Feel better soon. Blogging is many things & as long as you enjoy it it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. A wise blogging veteran once told me, write about what makes you happy, you can't please everyone, but those you do will become your loyal tribe. Wise words that I think!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Very sensible words. Blogging is a release for me. Both my daughter and I suffer from rare conditions. To be able to get my thoughts down really, really helps.

        Delete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...